Two witnesses and the marriage officer must sign the marriage register after the solemnisation of a marriage. Then the marriage officer must issue the parties with a handwritten marriage certificate (BI-27) free of charge. The marriage officer must then submit the marriage register to the nearest office of the Department of Home Affairs, where the marriage details will be recorded in the National Population Register (NPR).
Preparing to get married
The solemnisation and registration of civil marriages, customary marriages and civil unions are managed by the Department of Home Affairs. Civil marriages are governed by the Marriage Act and regulations issued in terms of the Act. South Africa also recognizes customary marriages through the Recognition of Customary Marriages Act, which became effective in November 2000. Civil unions are recognised in terms of the Civil Union Act (2006).
Contact Q-Line on 086 183 5263 for consultation details.
- Document Delivery from reputable courier company available at a nominal fee.
- Price: R860.00 incl. VAT Abridged version
- Price: R1620.00 incl. VAT Vault Marriage Certificate
- Price: R1620.00 incl. VAT Unabridged version
- Price: R1620.00 incl. VAT Impediment Letter
- Price: R860.00 incl. VAT Death Certificate
- Price: R860.00 + 5% incl. VAT Abridged Birth Certificate
- Price: R850.00 incl. VAT Apostil Stamp
Both parents information and applicants info and vote
Both parents information and applicants info